ABOUT THIS SITE
Wink is an ever-expanding collection of photography by Tyler E Nixon. Tyler happily resides in the sleepy, sea-side city of Victoria BC, Canada. Indulge yourself by subscribing (RSS), bookmarking (Photoblogs.org), or saying hello. Tyler's photos are also available for purchase on Getty Images.
- Included in the WEB 100 "Best in photography" compilation
- Finalist in the Photoblog of the Year, Best American Photoblog + Best Photoblog Design categories at the
2008 Photoblog Awards
- Awarded “Photoblog of the Year” at the 2007 Photoblog Awards
- Winner of "Photo of the Year" at the 2007 Photobloggies for “Snow-Day Sonnet #2”, also awarded "Best Photoblog Design"
- Featured in Photolife's 2007 "Emerging Photographers" issue with “The Heart is a Lonely Hunter”
- Weekly Pic-K Award from VFXY Photos
- First place (black & white) in Monday Magazine’s Annual Photo Contest 2007 with “Come Fly With Me”
- Published in issue 8 of JPG Magazine with “Snow-Day Sonnet #2”
- Featured in FILE Magazine with “Snow-Day Sonnet #2”, “Transatlanticism Matinee” and “Jack Kerouac's Ghost”
- Featured in Phirebrush Issue 53, September 2007 with “The Heart is a Lonely Hunter”
- Flak Photo with “REPRISE: Stillness in the Snow”
- Featured in Boulevard Magazine - Photos By Contest 2007 (Cover + Interior spread) with “Through the Looking Glass” and “Rejoicing in The Hands”
- Exhibited at the Musée de l’Elysée in Lausanne, Switzerland as part of JPG Magazine's submission to "We are all photographers now" exhibit.
- Photoblog of the Week Feature
Most of the images on Wink were taken digitally (D200) unless otherwise noted. Lenses: Nikkor 50mm/1.8, Nikkor 85mm/1.8, Nikkor 105/2.8, Nikkor 18-70mm/3.5, Nikkor 12-24mm/4.